Our Hannah of MasterChef Goes Large fame has 'tagged' me. Tagging apparently means giving somebody a topic to discuss then passing it onto other Bloggers. A bit like a chain letter I suppose. Or a chain Blog. Oh dear. Here goes.....
1. I was lead singer in the classic early 90s band Austin when I lived in Leeds. We had no hits, one demo tape (yes, a tape), lots of gigs (once quite literally to one man and his dog) and in our last gig, I infamously walked off the stage halfway through the 2nd song, glowing with attitude throwing the Vs to the rest of the band. We were terrible.
2. I have a medal for fighting in the Gulf War in 1990. I'm not proud. I just have one because I was paid to go there.
3. I have still to find anything on this planet that I will not eat.
4. I once scored a goal against Peter Shilton, was out marked by Trevor Francis and flattened by Terry Butcher in the same match. It was one of those 'Beach Soccer' tournaments, and I had no idea how I found myself on the same pitch of sand in New Brighton on the Wirral as some of my heroes. But it was fun.
5. I have kissed and hugged 2 of The Smiths and that makes me sadly proud (evidence in photo here, with a very scared looking Mike Joyce being hugged off a very sweaty and happy me). Johnny Marr and Morrissey have so far evaded my clutches, but I am on their case.
6. The team I have supported since I was a wee boy are Newcastle United. I had a season ticket for 12 years. Then a couple of years back I decided I was sick of them. So now I don't have one.
7. I've been offered as one of the prizes in the forthcoming Black and White Party on 9th June for The Tiny Lives Fund (www.tinylives.org.uk). You can use your imagination for what prize it is.8. MasterChef facts. I've stupidly been on it twice. It gave me approximately 6 months of sleep problems. Gregg Wallace said unspeakable things of praise about my ginger pudding. Ben was the most talented amateur cook I have ever met. The day before I was evicted from MasterChef, I drove a 500 mile roundtrip to be best man for my top mate Paul Moran.
9. I'm at my happiest with a large boiled brown crab to devour, a glass of Pouilly Fume and either The Smiths or the Stone Roses on the jukebox.
10. I was sent an e-mail from Nigel Slater last week. And I nearly fell over when I realised it wasn't a hoax. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day.
I tag my brothers Darren and Andy.