Friday, 18 May 2007
Marked For Approval
After the gourgefest that was the chocolate and orange tart, we were in serious need of some health food. The tart was enough to feed 10 people and between 4 of us, we finished the lot. My man flu had not made any improvement but my stomach certainly had. Time to reach for some handy recipes recently handed down to me.
Thanks to a gentleman called Mark Earnden, my life has taken a turn for the better. Introducing myself to Mark has resulted in me taking on his brilliant concept and assisting in teaching people about good, simple, healthy and tasty food. A dream job for me. He has also given me a few impressive recipes that destroy any image of food being difficult to make. 10 minute meals that are packed full of health, vitality and more importantly, taste.
Lamb, feta and courgettes aren't a new concept. But combining them with grapefruit is one I had never heard of before I met Mark. This recipe takes all of these ingredients and makes a little bit of Summer on a plate. If you are turning your nose up at the thought of a grapefruit mixed with some classic Greek ingredients, I urge you to at least try it before dismissing it. Not only will it make you happy to know such simple things can taste so great, it will also be on your plate in 10 minutes flat. Cheers Mark!
Lamb served with Courgette, Pink Grapefruit and Feta
6 x Lamb loins cut into strips
1 courgette, halved down the middle and cut into segments
1 pink grapefruit
Fresh mint, chopped
Pinch of dried oregano
Freshly ground pepper
1 x table spoon of olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the lamb strips. Cook to your liking.
2. Add the courgette and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly caramelised. Sprinkle in the oregano and black pepper.
3. Cut the skin from the grapefruit and cut out the segments into a bowl.
4. Add the cooked lamb and courgette to the grapefruit, then add the rocket and mint and mix thoroughly together.
5. Pile onto a plate and crumble on the feta cheese.